Finite Element Analysis
Engineering Simulations provides advanced finite element analysis (FEA) services to assist in the design of products and assemblies. The ABAQUS Standard and Explicit software packages are used for the structural mechanics analysis.
- Evaluate concepts early in the design process.
- Access the effects manufacturing process variables on the product.
- Understand the effects of the geometric and material design variables.
- Non-linear material properties
- Contact with deformable or rigid objects
- Hydrostatic fluid loading
- Structure - fluid interaction
- Impact or drop test simulation
- Manufacturing process simulation
FEA of thermoformed and blow molded products:
- Thickness distribution that results from a thermoforming or blow molding simulation can be used directly in a structural analysis of the part.
- Simulate and analyze tack-offs formed during the blow molding process.
- Determine if webbing will occur and plan for avoidance.